I swear, every language always has
- the sophisticated accent where everything they say sounds intelligent even if they’re saying the dumbest shit imaginable
- the funny accent where anything they say is hilarious even if they’re describing how they’re gonna murder you
- the unintelligible accent where even native speakers can’t make out what they’re saying half the time
- the sexy accent where everything they say makes you want to rip your pants off and fling your crotch in their face
- the average accent which is the accent everyone typically thinks of when the language gets mentioned
ambedo n. a kind of melancholic trance in which you become completely absorbed in vivid sensory details—raindrops skittering down a window, tall trees leaning in the wind, clouds of cream swirling in your coffee—which leads to a dawning awareness of the haunting fragility of life.
cosmogyral: (adj.) whirling about the universe; ex: The cosmogyral galaxies are fascinating to learn about.
epalpebrate: (adj.) to lack eyebrows; ex: Many people think that Matt Smith and Mads Mikkelsen are epalpebrate.
fallaciloquence: (n.) deceitful speech; ex: His fallaciloquence was charming.
gnathonize: (v.) to flatter; ex: Don’t gnathorize me.
historiaster: (n.) a petty or worthless historian; ex: These are the inaccuracies of a historiaster.
labascate: (v.) to fall or slide down something; ex: The man labascated down the stairs.
montivagant (adj.) wandering over hills and mountains; ex: The montivagant traveller stopped to make camp.
murklins (adv.) in the dark; ex: I stumbled murklins about the house after the power went out.
selcouth: (adj.) wondrous and strange; ex: The rare artifact was a selcouth sight to see.
sinapistic (adj.) consisting of mustard; ex: I dipped my chicken nuggets in a delicious sinapistic sauce.
stiricide (n.) the falling of icicles from a house; ex: I fear stiricide when I walk out my front door in the winter.
tantivy (adv.) at full gallop, headlong; ex: I ran tantivy into the wall.
tortiloquy (n.) crooked or inappropriate speech; ex: I will not tolerate such tortiloquy in my classroom!
ultracrepidate (v.) to criticize beyond your area of knowledge; ex: The fandoms of tumblr often ultracrepidate things about the other, despite having not seen their show.
veteratorian (adj.) crafty or sneaky; ex: The traitor’s veteratorian words were realized only too late.
weequashing (v.) spearing fish by torchlight from a canoe; ex: We have spears for our weequashing trip tonight.