my thing with the whole beating mortality thing is she says ‘we may even transcend mortality itself’ i think she’s just being hopeful for the future i don’t really see it as they’ve already done it or will anytime soon idk i just felt that in her voi
Even still the thought would terrify me instead of make me hopeful. And I mean, I realize I’m over thinking it and it doesn’t really matter what I think until Bioware decides what it means to them. So honestly I just don’t care anymore. I don’t care about the logic or how twisted it can be. What pisses me off is that it literally came off to me as the starchild was explaining everything that it didn’t matter. The ending did not matter in the end because it would become green.
This in a game that promises choices that matter. I mean, I know it can be said the Green won’t happen for eons if Shepard doesn’t choose it then and there but I’m a bitter and jaded person.
So I mean, that’s mostly what has my panties in a twist. Not really any of the logistics of Synthesis, and I apologize if I came off rude to that choice in my post. It’s late and I shouldn’t be typing anything at this point but nerves won’t let me sleep. If anything was offensive let me know and I’ll try to rewrite it because that was not my point and all the endings have their good points and bad points. And everybody can choose what they damn well want.
So I’ve sort of worked out my feelings on the endings expansion on Mass Effect. I’m not liking what I’m seeing for one reason.
Edited a bit as well now.
- Bioware in 2007: Hey look we have developed a Sci-fi-RPG named Mass Effect, where you as the player shifts the future of the galaxy as Commander Shepard. Where you have free choices of and where result grave consequences from your actions. It's a trilogy. So buy it perhaps?
- Me in 2007: Cool, sounds good. I play it. ....Wow, I can play as woman, never had that before. Awesome.
- Bioware: Yes, free choice is important to us in games.
- Me: And... there are even romance options?
- Bioware: Yep, as a Femshep you have two, in fact. It is your choice.
- Me: Great, since I kind of like this biotic lieutenant --
- Bioware: But what about Liara?
- Me: Liara? The blue chick? She is somewhat cool, but I prefer Kaidan, who is--
- Bioware: Y U NO romance her?
- Me: Err...noo? Do I have to?
- Bioware: No, but we will try to convince you for the rest of our trilogy that SHE IS THE BEST! LIARA IS SO AWESOME AND SHE IS SHEPARD'S TRU LUV. ...But of course it is your choice who you romance.
- Me: Err...okay? *hides behind Kaidan*
TWO GAMES AND MANY HOURS LATER
- Bioware: Choose your ending. Destroy, Synthetic or Control. It is your choice.
- Me: Okay...in which one Shepard survives?
- Bioware: Destroy... but all synthetic life will end, too. The Geth and EDI will die. Do you really want that?
- Me: ...No?
- Bioware: In the Synthetic-Ending, EDI and the Geth will survive and everyone will live happily ever after. The Reaper threat ends and will never ever happen again, since they have reached a mutual understanding and even help all people to rebuilt the galaxy. IT IS REALLY AWESOME!
- Me: Sounds cool. So Shepard is reunited with Kaidan after all?
- Bioware: No, Shepard dies. BUT IT IS STILL THE BEST! THINK OF EDI AND THE GETH!
- Me: Meh. I don't want to leave Kaidan behind a second time. My Shepard deserves a bit of egoism after all she has been thr--
- Bioware: BUT THINK OF THE GETH AND EDI! Synthetic is the best compromise for all!
- Me: Except for Shepard...
- Bioware: Yeah, but there have to be sacrifices, and hey... the Galaxy is safe and the Geth and EDI LIVES!
- Me: Still not what I want. To be honest, all three options are kind of...meh. So what when I don't want to choose ANY of them?
- Bioware: Then...fuck you.
Posted 10 months ago with 99 notes (via garrisonbabe , org. merilsell )
#You have freedom of choice #except for the blantant favoritism of Bioware #You didn't pick synthetic? #O well don't worry #It's likely to happen anyway because it is 'inevitable' and shit #so your choice at the end there? #A footnote for the damn stargazers who are totally synthesized and shit #don't worry about it #spoilers #DLC expansion spoilers in tags
Shepard won’t be at the bar waiting for Garrus either.
Or at the beach finding seashells.
Shepard won’t be heaven.
Or anywhere else. Shepard will be with the galaxy guarding, protecting, and remembering.